Color Plate #10 - Subtidal Soft Bottoms
- Where are subtidal habitats located on the continental shelf?
- What are the three factors that control the distribution of soft bottom habitats?
- What are subtidal soft bottom mostly composed of?
- Why do sandy soft bottoms occur closest to the shore?
- What do the following animals found on the soft bottom eat?
- Pismo clam
- Pacific Sand Dollar
c. Hermit crab
d. Elbow Crab
e. moon snail
f. Sand dab
g.. Angel Shark
h. Brittle Star
I. Sea cockle
J. Sand Star